The construction industry, like many others, have seen gloomy days as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. With the industry having fallen behind on a lot of projects, 2021 predicts the industry could see an increase in job opportunities within the sector looking to catch up. However, with government safety guidelines preventing many new workers from being trained on site business owners and leaders are now faced with the responsibility of training their workforce to handle the increased complexity of operating a construction enterprise in today’s business environment all while not being on site.
Exploring how technology can improve a business is as important for construction companies as it is for those in any other industry. eLearning and online education offer significant benefits for businesses in all industries, including construction.
eLearning have made it a popular avenue among people who wish to expand their knowledge and improve their careers especially while the pandemic has left many of us grounded.
Here are 5 ways eLearning can benefit you and help you further a career within the construction industry:
- The Choice is Yours – There are so many careers in building and construction. But just because you can’t attend a physical classroom, doesn’t mean you can’t have access to the courses you’re interested in. eLearning means you don’t have to just limit yourself to one course. You to learn a numerous amount of skills with many different courses available!
- Convenience – Within the construction industry, employers need to schedule employees to go to a site to be trained. By using eLearning resources, you can learn the skills you need whenever it is convenient for you! You are not restricted to the site times and will not be subject to delays with weather conditions affecting sites.
- Save Money – When using an eLearning facility, you don’t have to worry about spending money on transport commuting to and from sites or various locations. eLearning limits the costs of training by eliminating these associated costs such as lunches and stationery etc. As long as you have the right hardware and software to log in and complete your course, you’ll be surprised at how much money you can save!
- At Your Own Pace – All employees learn at a different pace. The flexibility offered by eLearning allows people to educate themselves at their own pace and on their own time, in a manner that more closely matches your own learning style. Being more beneficial than having to adopt the same pace as a larger group class and thus eliminates any worry about falling behind.
- Application – By using eLearning facilities you can have the theory side in your head ready for application when on the actual site. Giving you an advantage and a chance to apply the knowledge you already know. Knowing this knowledge prior to being on site can make for an easier onboarding process when starting a new job.
Now more than ever, the workplace is fluid, and needs to be able to adapt to new challenges and circumstances. That’s the beauty of e-learning: it’s fast, it’s flexible, and it be designed to fit around you!
Check out the Plant Planet Careers hub for both employers and employees with job postings within the construction industry and more!