Assistant Estimator – Leading Drylining sub-contractor
About my client: My client is one of the largest specialist dry lining contractors in the UK with a turnover in the region of £65m and a workforce of around 900 skilled operatives. The company was established over 30 years ago.
The group have a real team ethos based on honesty, respect and integrity which has enabled them to retain, develop and advance our people who are loyal, experienced and committed to the cause. They expect high standards, take pride in what they do and care about what they deliver. Their ‘can-do’ attitude towards their work and supportive approach enables people to excel in their roles.
The group portfolio of delivered projects range in value from £500k to £21m and include major hospitals, education facilities, airports, stadiums, shopping centres and some of the UK’s most prestigious commercial and high-end residential buildings, all delivered for the UK’s most respected contractors and clients.
About the role: They have an opportunity available as Assistant Estimator to join their commercial team as part of one of their distinguished projects – a residential development in West London for a leading developer
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Ensure that all estimating processes and procedures are followed to deliver a submission following tender settlement
* Work with surveyors in preparation of quantified schedule of rates and bill of quantities
* Produce labour gangs through experience working with the Preconstruction teams across the region.
* Prepare tender summaries and estimating handovers and attend start-up pre-price and price meetings
The ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
* Excellent communication and time management
* Have minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an Estimator
* Interior Subcontract experience
* Experience working on tenders for Drylining and associated works
* Ability to work on tenders ranging from £500k-5m
* Design, cost planning and bid management skills essential
* Understand key project risks and opportunities
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.