My client are a design and build company offering a full fit-out service from the design phase, through to construction and finally interior finishes. Their work predominately is within the retail & commercial sector on projects up to £5 million.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* We are currently looking for an Assistant Projects Manager (Assistant Contracts Manager) that will report directly into a Senior Project Manager or Project Director.
* The Assistant Projects Manager will typically work on 2 projects at one time managing and their role will take the scheme from cradle to grave.
* Assist his line manager with the Program, breaking everything down, understand risk and again take charge of his team. This person will need to provide short term programs to his team.)
* Run procurement with his Senior Project Manager/Project Director, Quantity Surveyor for subcontractors, labour, and materials.
* Manage the client and consultancy team. There will be a Design Coordinator/manager but again, the Projects Managers will lead on this.
* Manage and take control of any delays, variations, etc with the team.
Experience / What they are looking for from an individual:
* Leadership and Management Skills
* Good Communication Skills
* Highly safety conscious
* Multi sector exp ideally, Education, Housing, Heritage, Commercial, Leisure – (Private sector and public sector)
* Ideally some level of JCT suite of contracts experience
* D&B experience – Including single and two stage tenders.
* Some level of Programming experience (Asta)
* Some level of technical knowledgeable.
* Commercially astute
* Ability to report effectively Internally & Externally.
* A level of responsibility for Time, Cost & Quality on all projects undertaken.
* Design & Build experience
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.