Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £23,000 to £26,000 + package
Sector: New Build & Refurb (Hospitality, Commercial, Leisure projects)
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is a successful main contractor with an established reputation within the South West market and beyond. Typical projects are across sectors including Hospitality, Leisure and Commercial from £1m – £10m in value.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor: The Role:
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Junior/Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the regional commercial team. You will be responsible for assisting in the the day to day commercial aspects of new build and refurbishment projects working closely with a Senior QS. The role would suit someone potentially still studying on day release or someone newly qualified. You will ideally have 6 months or more experience as AQS.
Typical duties & responsibilities:
* To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
* Help to prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately
* Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
* Assist in-agreeing final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
* Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
* Maintain control of sub contractor`s accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
* Manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
* To carry out duties as quantity surveyor on projects as instructed.
* To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project in their control.
* Prepare or assist with cost / value reconciliation reports on a monthly basis accurately reporting the forecast final financial position of the project.
* Prepare turnover cash flow forecasts as directed by line manager at the commencement of all projects, updating as required and recording actual valuation achieved against forecast.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor: The Person
* You will have at least 6 months experience with either a national or regional construction business or be still at University on a day release course.
* Demonstrable experience of working on new build or fitout projects beneficial
* Keen to progress a long term career as QS
* Innovative – ability to identify better ways of doing things
* A good team player, someone who wants to be part of a growing business to achieve common goals.
* Competitive salary
* Company benefits package
* Varied and unique projects across sectors
* Continued local work within the Bristol/ South West region.
Please contact Foresight Search for more information on this, or any other vacancy (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.