A family-owned Regional Main Contractor based in the East Midlands with a client base including several blue-chip companies and local authorities.
The business specialises in delivering D+B and traditional construction projects with project values now reaching £10m. The business has seen a growth in turnover in the past 18 months due to an increase in negotiated work so are now looking to bolster their commercial team to help with continued growth.
Market sectors that they cover include: Commercial, Local Authority, Education & Residential. Their current project portfolio contains a mixture of new build, fit out, refurbishment & extension.
The role reports into a well-respected Senior QS who will offer continued support and guidance when needed. Whilst the role is office-based, you will be required to visit live projects on a weekly basis meaning you can expect to spend 2/3 days a week out on site. Typical roles & responsibilities include:
* Undertaking the preparation of simple cost plans and estimates and contributing to the development of more complex pieces of work under supervision
* Contributing to the preparation of tender documentation
* Undertaking measurement of drawings
* Assisting in the tendering and procurement of contractors for projects
* Monitoring project costs in line with approved budget
* Assisting in financial reporting of a project in post contract phase
The role offers the opportunity to earn up to £30,000 per annum. A car allowance will also be offered as part of the total package along with a pension contribution. Aside from the tangible benefits, the role offers the opportunity to work for an established family feel company that genuinely puts its’ employees interests first
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.