SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY
To aid the Senior Surveyors with managing the costs for the Natta Building projects from inception to completion, ensuring that projects meet legal and quality standards and that the project meets and exceeds profitability targets.
* To gain a technical understanding or construction processes
* To visit Natta Building construction sites in order to understand construction processes and ensure project progress is to programme
* To provide site progress photographs to Marketing department
* To maintain and update NBC document management system/ correspondence/ drawings/ RFI/ CVI
* To gain knowledge of standard measurement rules (SMM7/NRM2) and undertake take-offs to a high degree of accuracy.
* To assist Senior Surveyors in preparing tender and contract documents including bill of quantities
* To assist Senior Surveyors in valuing works and submitting valuations
* To assist Senior Surveyors in valuing variations to contract works and agreeing with Client QS
* To assist Senior Surveyors with the preparation of cashflows and forecasts
* To assist Senior Surveyors to submit accurate, considered cost reports to the Commercial Manager by month end
* To assist Senior Surveyors in providing materials/subcon reconciliations to Commercial Manager with cost reports
* To liaise with Clients, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers and site staff as necessary
* To assist Senior Surveyors in letting subcontractor packages
* To attend on and off site meetings
* To attend post-contract and pre-start meetings, to take meeting minutes as required and issue within 1 week of meeting
* To assist Senior Surveyors in placing orders using in house accounts system/JCT standard forms
* To update and maintain the NBC subcontractor database and check subcontractor status as necessary
* To liaise with Estimators over subcontractor market price movements
* To process 278 Applications/Crossovers/Sewer connections/Electrical connections/disconnections as required.
* To have an understanding and awareness of, and implications of health and safety regulations
* To maintain your continuous professional development by attending workshops, seminars, reading industry journals and private study, to work towards professional status
* Natta Senior Management Team
* Internal Site and Head Office staff
* Customers and Suppliers
* Main Contractors and Sub Contractors
Please note this is an office and site based role.
Salary : DOE c£30,000
Annual Leave: 25 days
Other Benefits: Pension Scheme, Private Health Care, onsite gym, canteen, parking
ABOUT NATTA BUILDING COMPANY
Established over 50 years ago, Natta Building Company Ltd specialises in Civil Engineering projects comprising section 278 and 38 infrastructure roads, sewers and services, large scale ground working for commercial buildings, schools, prisons, housing developments and high-quality external works packages. We also undertake design and building packages with experience in various build styles including steel frames, reinforced concrete frames, basements and traditional brick/block work. Bespoke projects, such as care homes and turnkey housing complete our wide-ranging portfolio of successes.
The Natta Group currently runs 6 business streams: Natta Building Company, Natta Homes (property developer), Natta Plant, Natta Steel, CISTC (a training provider) and the Surrey Training Group. The Group has over 550 personnel with a turnover of £70+ million, forecasting turnover in 2024 circa £100+ million. Employees have access to employee recognition programmes, career development and advancement through training, career succession and loyalty schemes. Our culture is to promote from within, creating opportunities along with business growth and strategic plans to promote an ethos of support and encouragement where peers want to help each other succeed.
If you want the opportunity to develop your skills into the best that you can be, you’re looking for a highly engaged, fully supportive environment in which to develop your career (and you like the sound of us!) then apply for this job and we’ll do whatever we can to help you achieve your goals….
No recruitment agencies please – Natta Building Company has its own internal recruitment team, therefore we respectfully request that recruitment agencies refrain from submitting speculative CV’s or from making contact outside of the relationships currently in existence. Speculative CVs that are still sent across will not be considered.
Unfortunately, our office is not commutable by public transport, therefore the ideal candidate will hold a valid driving licence.
In order to promote an environment within which the company can call upon the widest range of knowledge, skills and experience, as well as ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation, Natta is committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly regardless of race, colour, nationality, national/ethnic origin, religion, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.