We have a current opportunity for an Assistant Site Manager on a contract basis. The position will be based in Reading.
– Become familiar with RAMS, quality processes and programme for the specific operations happening on site.
– Become familiar with all relevant design information. Learn to read and understand drawings, including reinforcement drawings. Start to look ahead of the works happening on site.
– Become proficient in the use of the company management system. Understand what "Good" looks like and play a part in making this happen. This includes site tidiness, cleanliness of hoarding, housekeeping etc.
– Walk the site regularly, be the "Eyes and ears" of the site manager when he/she is away from site.
– present the right image to operatives on their first day on the project. Make sure they know we expect high standards.
– Carry out formal observations on site, recording and logging on the observation system
– Assist in ensuring that all building operations are carried out in a safe manner, in strict accordance with the Company's Health & Safety policy and the operation- specific RAMS.
– Play a key role in administering the environmental, safety and health documentation – ensure paperwork is of the required standard and content and is filed correctly and promptly.
– Take immediate action if any safety infringement is witnessed. Ask for assistance from line manager if unsure about what action to take.
– Generally ensure that necessary action is promptly taken when subcontractors / suppliers fail to meet any pre-agreed or company requirements.
– Assist in ensuring that the project is constructed to the highest standard.
– Assist in ensuring that all site welfare facilities are maintained to the highest standard.
– Identify any Risk Assessments to be carried out by subcontractors and ensure that they are provided before works start.
– Ensure that all works carried out comply with the relevant drawings and specification, i.e. are built correctly and to the right quality. Carry out regular quality inspections and document these for record purposes.
– Become commercially aware about all aspects of the logistics package and work closely with the package commercial manager to deliver it as cost-efficiently as possible.
– Work closely with our planning manager to develop the site logistics proposals to suit all parties and help to develop an integrated programme and logistics strategy.
– Maintain up-to-date progress records for all works on site, including a site diary, progress photographs, environmental records etc.
– Always keep abreast of developments on site, so that the answer is to hand if questioned by your line management.
– Challenge everything, check and double check and feel ownership of the part of the project you are involved with.
– Ask questions to improve depth and breadth of knowledge – remember there are no stupid questions. It's important to you if you need an answer!
– Be prepared to make presentations about the building you are involved with.
– Take every possible opportunity to improve your personal knowledge and development – expand the breadth of your knowledge-base as well as the depth.
For further information about this position please apply
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.