Avocet Recruitment is working alongside a well established, high end, bespoke housing developer who require an Assistant Site Manager on their development near Lydney
The role of Assistant Site Manager, reports to the Site Manager and Construction Manager and assists with the responsibility for managing all aspects of a construction development site, ensuring the provision of safe, efficient and cost effective works at all times while maintaining the highest quality of work and customer service are delivered within the given timescales.
Principal accountabilities of the role include:
• Support the Site Manager with the day to day running of the development and provide clear direction to those working on the construction site regarding their responsibilities and targets.
• Assist with management and implementation of health and safety procedures, working closely with the Health and Safety Managers and ensure that that all aspects of health and safety are followed and adhered too.
• Motivate, support and manage directly employed site staff, providing toolbox talks, training, coaching, and support as required to improve performance.
• Ensure site presentation is maintained at the correct standard at all times.
• Support the Site Manager to deliver all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
• Fully conform to building regulations and warranty providers’ requirements (NHBC, LABC Services).
• Assist the Site Manager with producing accurate production/progress returns and ensure that they are updated and sent to the Construction Manager and/or Construction Director as requested.
• Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, labour requirements, plant, materials, site inductions and health and safety records.
• Thoroughly inspect and ensure any remedial work is completed in advance of each NHBC key stage inspection Experience, Qualifications and Skills Experience
• Experience of working as an Assistant Site Manager with a high volume residential house builder.
• Experience of effectively managing teams
• Up to date knowledge of health and safety and building legislation.
Qualifications and Training
• GCSE Maths and English – Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
• Valid CSCS card (or equivalent).
• Valid SSSTS certificate
• Valid First Aid certificate
• Construction Management – HNC Level 4, HND desirable
• Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate is desirable Skills and Aptitude • Effective communication and listening skills
• Good administration skills
• Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
• Proficient IT skills along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Committed to diversity and inclusion The Role and Working Conditions
• Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
• Ability to travel to development sites, including the divisional office.
In return we can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• Annual bonus
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• Company car or car allowance
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.