Leeds-based integrated surveying, geophysics, utility mapping and engineering company, Met Consultancy Group, is looking to recruit enthusiastic Assistant Surveyors. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate looking to develop a career in the Geospatial profession.
Assistant Surveyor (Trainee/Apprentice)
Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1SW
Full Time, Permanent
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
We are a well-established multi-disciplinary business first established in 1990 with over 50 qualified, engineers, surveyors and geophysicists.
Assistant Surveyor (Trainee/Apprentice) Job Role:
We are looking for trainee Assistant Surveyors to work as part of a site team of two or more people working on projects predominantly within the Yorkshire region but with the opportunity to travel throughout the UK.
The role involves learning how to:
* Assist and undertake site surveys to produce land and building plans
* Use survey equipment, including GPS receivers, digital total stations and 3D laser scanners
* Work on a range of sites including domestic, commercial and industrial
* Work safely on a range of sites
* How to process and prepare digital drawings using survey software and AutoCAD
Key Search Terms:
Surveying, Geospatial, Geomatics, Total Station, Laser Scanner, Pointcloud, LSS, AutoCad, Revit,
Our ideal candidate will be:
* Keen and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn from senior surveyors.
* Enjoy working outdoors as the majority of early training will be spent on live sites.
* Able to work as part of a team, developing the knowledge and ability to be given the responsibility to carry out surveys under supervision.
* Understand the importance of producing high-quality, accurate drawings within tight timelines.
* Expected to learn and respect our health and safety procedures, quality & environmental management systems.
* Able to work around the UK with overnight stays on occasion.
* Have some flexibility with regard to working hours.
* Enrolment to our Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) Approved Development Scheme where appropriate
* ICES membership fees paid
* On the job training in Software, Hardware, Survey techniques, Health and Safety Opportunity to obtain qualifications in land surveying after an appropriate probation period and satisfactory performance
* First Aid Training
* Workplace Pension scheme
* Child Care Voucher contributions
* Basic Health Care Package
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Enrolment on an employee discounts and rewards scheme
The successful candidate will have:
* A minimum of 5 GCE’s or equivalent including Maths and English to Grade 4 or above.
* A high level of motivation and willingness to work hard and learn with a genuine ambition to grow and develop a career in surveying.
* Right to work/stay with relevant permits & visas to live and work in the UK
* Good written and spoken English
* A full UK valid driving licence would be extremely beneficial.
Knowledge of survey equipment, AutoCAD, Cyclone, MBS and LSS (or similar) would be helpful to your application but is not necessary as full training will be given.
How to apply for the Assistant Surveyor role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies please.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Assistant Surveyor, Surveyor, Surveying, Geospatial, Construction, Site Surveyor, Surveying Jobs In Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.