Project: Norwich Western Link
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Norwich Western Link
Ferrovial Construction has recently been awarded the contract to design and build the Norwich Western Link by Norfolk County Council. The project involves designing and building 6.1km of dual carriageway, a 670m viaduct over the River Wensum and 6 structures for minor roads and environmental crossings.
The aim of the project is to improve the connectivity of Norwich national road networks whilst taking into account the natural and built environment and local communities. The project opens up new opportunities for people in Norfolk, offers a gateway into STEM careers in the industry and creates sustainable career paths.
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
The BIM Manager will perform activities related to Digital Construction and Information Management in the project. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the BIM Manager will be part of a team that will support him/her on those activities.
Information Management activities – Ensure the development and compliance of project requirements in accordance with the Exchange Information Requirements (EIR), Project BIM Execution Plan, the Information Management Plan and other related documentation.
Digital Construction – You will perform quality control on models and resulting deliverables, lead the spatial coordination and clash detection process and enhance the integration of the different parties involved in the project.
This is an exciting opportunity to explore additional uses of new technologies, tools and software in the construction industry.
* Developing and updating documentation (including but not limited to Lead Appointed Party EIR, BEP, MIDP), guides and protocols throughout all phases of the project and in alignment with client requirements and ISO 19650 series standards
* Ensures that all design, construction and handover information is compliant with the contract requirements and all applicable standards but not limited to ISO 19650 series
* Provides the focal point for all design, construction and handover information management issues on the project
* Be the contact point between the design and construction teams (including consultants and subcontractors)
* Ensure processes are fully compliant across the project
* Develop relevant documentation, for example briefings of the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) during design, construction and handover phases for relevant parties such as the project team, sub-contractors, sub-consultants and suppliers of the contractor, the employer and the supervisor
* Contribute to set up the CDE (ProjectWise, Asite) according to the project procedures and taking into account document management structure, workflows, naming convention and final archive
* Ensure that all design, construction and handover information is managed through the CDE including the D&C phases. Prepare the documentation needed by the client in O&M
* Ensure other project team members, sub-contractors, suppliers and other relevant parties have the appropriate access to the CDE (during design, construction and handover phase)
* Coordinates the following areas in collaboration with other members of the team:
* Outline what design, construction and handover information are required, by whom and for what purpose
* Outline who will generate the design, construction and handover information and maintain it
* Outline what actions should be taken on receipt of the design, construction and handover information
* Capture of lessons learned, best practices and innovations
* Produce monthly reports to identify and measure information management & digital construction implementation
* Support the development and delivery of training programmes for our team members, supply chains and client
* Support audits
* Quality control BIM / CAD deliverables (such as, models and drawings) whilst taking into account information, requirements and best practices
* Lead the spatial coordination process. Coordinate the design & construction project deliverables against the construction programme (for the sub-contractors, including designers and specialists’ designers) to ensure delivery in accordance with MIDP. Manage the spatial coordination meetings and keep track of the issue resolution process
* Lead the clash detection process for project deliverables (including design & construction). Manage clash detection meetings and keep track of the issue resolution process
* Produce models to support design and construction works and develop 3D BIM models relevant to the project (i.e. design, construction works, temporary works, logistics). Produce visual Method Statements to highlight potential risks and prove the construction sequences
* Develop model quantity take-offs to assist quantity surveyors and other members of the team.
* Develop 4D & 5D models of the project
* Develop visuals, such as images and videos to support communication with different parties in the project. Deliver presentations internally in the project or external events as required
-BIM methodology compliance – ISO 19650 series
-Compliance with client and project requirements
Skills & Experience
-Experience in BIM roles
-Must have an in-depth working knowledge of BIM management in large infrastructure projects (such as highway projects)
-Strong written and verbal communication skills
-Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
-Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
-Proactive approach in incorporating new technologies on site at different stages of the project
-Experience in reviewing and implementing processes, workflows and procedures for setting up CDE platform in major projects:
–ProjectWise (expert level)
–Asite (expert level)
-Must have experience in the following software:
–Autodesk Civil 3D (expert level).
–Autodesk Revit (expert level) including Dynamo developments.
–Autodesk Navisworks Manage (expert level).
–Office 365 (intermediate / expert level). Power BI user level will be positively considered.
-Experience in working with point clouds and topographical survey information
-Experience in working with GIS environment and integration of CAD information into GIS
-Experience working with GIS shapefiles
-Experience in working with openBIM (buildingSMART) (IFC, BCF)
-Experience in handover and asset integration procedures
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.