We are looking for a Builder/Carpenter who has experience of Supervising on site. You will need to be able to carry out a wide range of carpentry and general construction activities ensuring that the finished product meets the high-quality standards we expect.
Salary: up to £220 per day
Key Competencies & Skills
* Qualification in carpentry or demonstrate the ability to that standard. Excellent knowledge of building methods, regulations and health and safety procedures supported by a significant level of experience within the industry.
* Problem solving skills
* Decision making ability
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to motivate and keep others busy
* A consistently professional attitude.
* Attention to detail and quality control.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Produce a high-quality finish for all aspects of carpentry including first fix, second fix and roofing.
* Ensure that a high level of customer focus is maintained at all times.
* Correctly follow and interpret drawings, specifications and verbal instructions to accurately meet the needs of the client.
* Effectively collaborate and liaise with Construction manager, colleagues and other trades.
* Motivate, support and encourage other members of the team and our sub-contract partners to perform at their best.
* Comply with the company’s health and safety procedures and carry out RAMS where necessary.
* Promote good practice in respect of waste management and sustainability.
* Ensure that your behaviour is in line with the company values and appropriately challenge others behaviour that does not match the organisation’s values.
* Making sure your site is tidy at the end of each day
* Committed to continuing professional development (CPD)
* Eye for detail
* Must have own van and tools
* Customer focussed with a can-do attitude
* Reliable person with a naturally high level of motivation & team player qualities
* Clean & tidy appearance is essential
This role will potentially be offered on a permanent basis once a successful 3 month probationary period.
Job Types: Full-time, Temp to perm after a successful probationary period
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.