Building Control Project Manager
South West London – Surrey/Sussex
£38,000 – £48,000 + Excellent Benefits
An industry leading provider of Structural Insurance warranties with an international presence and a respected brand. My client is now looking for a Building Control Project Manager to cover the South West London Surrey/Sussex area.
The effective application of building regulation knowledge and the efficient assessment and processing of building regulation applications, working with builders and/or technical staff to develop good customer relations.
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
* Taking responsibility for the assessment of building regulation applications for building control applications of all types and sizes, acting as the primary contact for the client during the design phase including any design amendments during the construction phase.
* Ensure that Projects are checked and monitored with accuracy , ensuring that all statutory consultations are completed in correct timescales and that adequate evidence has been provided for verification of the design.
* Contributing to the assessment of building regulation applications for other type of developments.
* Pre and post design negotiations with clients to ensure effective compliance with the Building Regulations and technical issues.
* Assisting in the resolution, by persuasion, negotiation and formal proceedings, of problems relating to Initial Notices, design approvals, site work and final certificates.
* Examining detailed drawings and supplementary information in accordance with specified procedures and performance targets, for Building Control, and conversion applications.
* To issue site and type approvals to clients promptly to specified standards and guidance.
* Advise/guide the industry and the public regarding Building Regulations, technical issues and company Standards.
* Promoting company services to existing and potential clients.
* Supporting inspection staff by the provision of expert advice, communication of key stages for inspection staff relating to complex Building Control elements.
* Carrying out site inspections as required to meet the needs of the Business.
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
* Fully qualified Surveyor (MRICS, TechRICS, MBEng, MCIOB, or similar) with relevant experience is desirable but not essential.
* In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
* Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
* Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
* The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
* Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
* Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
* Ability to motivate self and influence others.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Flexible in personal approach
What’s on offer for this role?
* Competitive salary, Bonus Scheme, Fuel Allowance, Professional Fees Paid (Certified training (CPD), Mobile phone and laptop, Private medical insurance, Pension, 25 days + Statutory + Charity Day
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.