Building Control Surveyor – Plan and check
South / South East
£38,000 – £48,000
This role is primarily conducting the plan checking from home and occasional site visits covering the South/ South East covering the following areas: Guildford, Redhill, Brighton, Tonbridge, Rochester and Canterbury.
An industry leading provider of Structural Insurance warranties with an international presence and a respected brand.
The effective application of building regulation knowledge and the efficient assessment and processing of building regulation applications, working with builders and/or technical staff to develop good customer relations.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
* Taking responsibility for the assessment of building regulation applications for building control applications of all types and sizes, acting as the primary contact for the client during the design phase including any design amendments during the construction phase.
* Ensure that Projects are checked and monitored with accuracy, ensuring that all statutory consultations are completed in correct timescales and that adequate evidence has been provided for verification of the design.
* Contributing to the assessment of building regulation applications for other type of developments.
* Pre and post design negotiations with clients to ensure effective compliance with the Building Regulations and technical issues.
* Assisting in the resolution, by persuasion, negotiation, and formal proceedings, of problems relating to Initial Notices, design approvals, site work and final certificates.
* Examining detailed drawings and supplementary information in accordance with specified procedures and performance targets, for Building Control, and conversion applications.
* To issue site and type approvals to clients promptly to specified standards and guidance.
* Advise/guide the industry and the public regarding Building Regulations, technical issues, and company Standards.
* Promoting company services to existing and potential clients.
* Supporting inspection staff by the provision of expert advice, communication of key stages for inspection staff relating to complex Building Control elements.
* Carrying out site inspections as required to meet the needs of the Business.
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
* Fully qualified Surveyor (MRICS, TechRICS, MBEng, MCIOB, or similar) with relevant experience is desirable but not essential.
* In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
* Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
* Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
* The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
* Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
* Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
* Ability to motivate self and influence others.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Flexible in personal approach
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.