£48,000 – £55,000 (DOE) + Excellent Benefits
My client is an industry leading provider of Structural Insurance with an international presence and a respected brand. With a UK wide presence in the Insurance and Warranty sector my client is an award-winning company and as such are always looking for talented Building Inspectors and Building Control Surveyors to join them. With an in-house training team they focus on developing the team they have in place and offering all the support those joining them are usually longing for.
To provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites registered for the client.
For this role we will consider Site Managers, Assistant Site Managers, Surveyors, Construction Managers, however you must be able to demonstrate you have a working knowledge and experience of building pathology and have overseen the full build process from the ground through to the CML Stage with a qualification of at least a NVQ level 6 in a constructive related degree.
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
* Inspecting homes being constructed and/or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations by carrying out site inspections at all key stages of the construction projects from the foundation stage through to the CML Stage.
* Relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspections and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience
* Effectively self-manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
* Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
* Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects.
* Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
* Ongoing liaison with Developers/Clients/Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
* Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
* Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio.
* Professional Membership required: Part/Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: TechRICS/ACIOB/ACABE/LICWCI or NVQ Level 6 and above in a construction relates discipline.
* Previous Experience required: Knowledge of this profession and understand of the legislation and standards that govern it. Have a good understanding of building pathology.
* Can process a lot of data, be able to prioritise, have good situational awareness, be adaptable and have good IT skills. Be comfortable in clearly and concisely documenting and reporting on activities for future reference.
* In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
* Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
* Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
* The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
* Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
What’s on offer for this role?
A competitive salary, Bonus Scheme, Fuel Allowance, Professional Fees Paid (Certified training (CPD), Mobile phone and laptop, Private medical insurance, Pension, 25 days increasing to 30 through longevity of employment + Statutory + Charity Day
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.