Building Surveyor/Fire Surveyor
South East/Eastern Counties
Up to £60,000 + Benefits
A leading engineering consultancy is urgently seeking a Building Surveyor to join a team of Fire Surveyors and Engineers working on nationwide projects. The client is one of the largest independent practices operating in the risk and resilience niches of fire, security and continuity.
With the transition from Building Surveyor to Fire Surveyor, ongoing support and training will be provided. Working alongside some of the best industry specialists, promising exposure to an extremely diverse project portfolio. Work life balance has always been key for my client and having embraced the change to the normal working day/week, they offer flexible working patterns and working from home.
• Identify fire safety issues in new and existing building of all types.
• Carrying out on-site surveys at RIBA stage 5 – Internal/external walls, Internal fire stopping
• Reporting directly to project managers and directors and design team
• Active and passive fire protection reviews supporting the wider engineering team
• Delivering fire surveys, fire assessments, inspections, strategy reports, and condition surveys etc.
• Working with external parties providing fire precautions advice ensuring compliance according to UK fire legislation and standards.
• Degree in Fire Engineering, Building Surveying, Construction Management or industry related
• 5 years’ experience as Building Surveyor, or Construction Site Manager with an understanding of building regulations, safety codes including Approved Document B and BS 9999.
• Experience with traditional methods of Building Surveying including Fire Risk Assessments
• Membership of the Institution of Fire Engineers would be an advantage for those already working in a Fire Surveying role.
• Client facing
• Report writing
Competitive salary and a discretionary profit share scheme is offered with an attractive holiday entitlement and fantastic work life balance. Continuous professional development, pension, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme plus an unrivalled structured career progression path. Candidates should be ambitious and driven to succeed
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.