Business Development Manager – Utilities and Civil Engineering
Permanent role – Yorkshire area
Up to £40,000 per annum, plus package
Working with a civil engineering and utiltiies contractor, we are now looking for a Business Development Manager to join an ever-increasing Utilities rollout. As the successful candidate for the role you will be tasked with identification and development of new business & prospects, and you’ll be using your networking skills to build relationships with new customers. You will bring new work into the business whilst maintaining relationships with all key clients and improve client relationships to ensure a greater business success rate. You will work closely with the Sales and Design Team consistently delivering sales targets.
* Plan, organise and prioritise sales activities to meet agreed targets
* Proactively develop new business/accounts to agreed targets
* Find new enquiries/sales leads, using sales lead software Glenigan & general industry websites
* Achievement of agreed sales targets from both new and existing accounts
* Develop a portfolio of key accounts and ensure high levels of repeat business
* Work closely with the Design team to ensure quotations are issued to agreed timescales
* Delivering of sales presentations both internal and external as required
* Develop & maintain detailed knowledge of the ICP & IDNO services provided including key features and any Bethell group benefits
* Maintain a high awareness of the competition within the region
* Input to marketing/promotional activity, case studies, update social media platforms & attend marketing events when required
* Provide weekly & monthly sales reports to deadlines e.g. trends, sales performance to target, competitor intelligence etc.
* Produce customer analysis matrix for the Business Development Director explaining relationships, key contacts, current positioning against others, action plan for development
* Track the design team in line with tender deadline dates
* Liaise with Commercial department about payment terms on potential awards and the Finance department regarding credit checks for potential clients.
* 3 Years’ experience in a sales/BDM role, ideally construction or utilities but not essential
* Successfully managed a portfolio of customers with full account management
* Excellent at tackling issues in a positive, proactive and practical way
* Experience gained in a B2B environment with some technical exposure would be advantageous
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.