Are you a driven & high calibre, HUNTER TYPE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FOCUSED SALES PROFESSIONAL with experience in promoting LUXURY FURNITURE / JOINERY / KBB products to Mid to High-End New Build Contractors, Developers, House Builder market?
If so, we are working with one of the UK’s leading Manufacturers and Installers of LUXURY CONTRACT FURNITURE – Bedroom, Bathroom, Room Dividers and Walk-in Wardrobes amongst other closely aligned bespoke furniture solutions.
They are seeking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to join their team with responsibility for promoting their products and solutions to the MID TO HIGH-END RESIDENTIAL SECTOR in the London & South East region on a major project basis dealing with the UK’s largest and most prestigious house building contractors and developers.
The primary function of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, drawing on existing contacts and relationships, cold calling, ABI, site visits or other means of generating interest along with being responsible for maintaining, growing and developing existing key accounts.
Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with their clients.
Develop a rapport with new clients, set targets for sales and provide the support that will continually improve customer relations
Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients by working with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff.
Introduce controlled sales growth by strategic planning and target KPIs.
The SUCCESFUL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER WILL HAVE:
* Residential Furniture, Joinery and/or Luxury KBB Experience
* Have the ability to understand technical information, and be familiar with manufacturing.
* Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office & CRMs.
* Have a high-level Housebuilder / Main Contractor experience / Joinery Contractors & POD manufacturers.
* Have experience working with major developers and specification led projects.
* Have experience working on projects of £750,000 plus value.
* Have a high-level understanding of contracts – Retention, LADs, Cross contract set off etc…
Have specific and detailed knowledge of specific accounts:
* Berkeley Group – St Edward, St James, St William, St George
* Vistry Partnership / Galliford Try
* Knight Dragon
* John Sisk & Son
* CWC (Canary Wharf Contractors)
* Stratton & Hessler
* POD Manufactures
* Joinery Contractors
* Main Contractors
Following up on new business opportunities and arranging meetings
* Planning and preparing presentations and meetings
* Communicating products and solutions to prospective Architects, Interior Designers, Developers, House Builders, New Build Contractors and Housing Associations
* Producing key management reports and key performance indicators
* Providing Management with feedback
* Manage and Maintain the profitably of territory by effectively pricing customers
* To continually monitor competitor activity.
* Manage customer expectations
* Be responsible for working towards and over exceeding a £1m target per annum
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER must have…
A proven track record in selling into the new build developer sector and can demonstrate stability in previous roles
Demonstrate and have an excellent understanding of the ways and workings of the new build / residential sector
Excellent Microsoft Office skills including, Excel, Word & PowerPoint and CRM systems.
Strong organisational skills
Attention to detail
Ability to work unsupervised
Key account management
Strong-willed mindset, outgoing personality, extremely diligent and hardworking.
Desirables Skills and Experience Required:
The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER must have….
ESSENTIAL: A PROVEN HUNTER / NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFILE
Current market knowledge
Minimum of five years’ experience in leading operational and sales activities
Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels.
Proven experience in delivering sales through the development of business relationships
Ability to manage customer expectations
Challenging current offerings to customers leads to continuous improvements.
Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation and both verbal/written skills
Leadership – strong, consistent, clear, inspire others, integrity, ability to drive through change
Empowering Others – Delegation of trust, correct controls, feedback, communication accountability and responsibility
Action orientated – Able to deal with problems inappropriate time frames
Driven by results – Decisive, confident in addressing problems and opportunities, challenging activities to improve performance, demonstrating willingness to challenge accepted methods and standards
Effective communication – Clear concise written and spoken, ability at all levels, customer, supplier and internal
Strategic agility – recognition of a changing need and speed of response, rapid reaction to challenges
High Standards – demonstrating a motivation to improve standards and thereby making a real difference, challenging inadequate solutions
Integrity and trust – demonstrating a sense of commitment to openness, honesty, loyalty and high standards in undertaking the role
People management – demonstrating a commitment to working and engaging constructively with internal and external stakeholders
SALARY & BENEFITS VERY COMPETITIVE BASIC SALARY (up to £60,000) + EXCEPTIONAL EARNING POTENTIAL + CAR ALLOWANCE + PENSION + HOLIDAY + MOBILE, LAPTOP ETC
Location CENTRAL LONDON
PLEASE NOTE: Suitable applicants must have the necessary skills and experience outlined below, live within an acceptable commutable distance from Central London and at their best operate in the field within minimal supervision
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.