Willmott Dixon are currently looking to recruit a Business Improvement Specialist to join our London and East construction business. Based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, we deliver projects across multiple sectors within north London, the northern home counties and East Anglia. This will be a hybrid role with a mix of remote, office and site based working.
The Business improvement Specialist will be responsible for supporting our teams in delivering improvements and simplifying their ways of working and their performance using Lean principles and Lean thinking with the aim of making our company boat go faster.
The focus areas that this role provides support in are:
* Identifying areas for improvement
* Problem solving facilitation
* Performance management
* Fact based management and tracking
* Training and upskilling our people in modern project management, Lean and effective ways of working
* Process improvement
The specific roles and responsibilities covering all of our site and preconstruction teams are:
*Troubleshooting and coaching of the teams around their collaborative routines
* Troubleshooting and coaching the teams to resolve blockers and issues
* Challenge the teams to manage and drive their own performance
* Observe and give feedback on existing practices to allow our teams to operate more effectively and efficiently
* Facilitation of collaborative planning workshops
* Deliver Collaboration foundations training modules
* Manage improvement projects that deliver efficiency gains to the business
* Feedback to Business Improvement Manager on improvement opportunities
* Identify and research new techniques and tools
* Implement and manage the change to new techniques and tools
You will ideally have some of the following skills:
* Project management
* Lean Fundamentals
* Data analysis
* Proficient in use of IT – M365
At Willmott Dixon we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. This role would be suitable to a person who:
* Is a team player
* Is able to influence and inspire
* Has a growth mindset
* Has excellent listening skills
* Is able to problem solve
* Is positive & proactive
* Has excellent presentations skills both written and verbal
* Is innovative/creative/open minded
* Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
* Reflects regularly on experiences and performances and constantly seeks to improve
* Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated and flexible
* Has the ability to communicate with all levels of staff
* Is people focused
* Is driven/motivated
* Is organised/detailed
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
Benefits: In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.