My client in Bracknell Berkshire is currently in need of a Business Manager due to expansion.
The role of WMI Business Manager offers a unique opportunity to enter a world where research, data analysis and technology assessment respond to the need for knowledge to turn buildings’ decarbonisation targets into reality, while ensuring commercial success of players involved. We make the aspirations of COP 26 live and breath! Engineering and the HVAC industry is undergoing deep transformation by legislative reform, strong societal trends and rapid expansion of IoT and AI – together these issues create exciting challenges and foster innovation. The WMI Business Manager role would make you part of this fascinating transformation
To operate and develop the company 's market intelligence business in a manner that contributes to operational profit, reputation and mission of the company and delivers excellence to customers. The role carries responsibility for the entire context of WMI operation, including collaboration with the company overseas entities, including the company Inc and the company business Consulting (Beijing), fostering partnership to maximise business opportunities and boost the commercial performance of the company global market intelligence activity. The role also supports the company wider commercial interest through collaboration with business managers of the company's other commercial units and with directors.
Main duties (Not Exhaustive)
Lead the WMI team both in the UK and internationally in line with the company corporate objectives, mission and values, delivering top quality research to grow the worldwide market intelligence portfolio, increase profitability and expand reputation and reach. Provide vision, agree commercial and financial targets for the market intelligence business and develop operational plan for delivery of the targets, contributing to the company's Limited overall strategic plan.
Implement the agreed strategy.
• Fulfil budgetary responsibilities (P & L) for WMI , including its overseas business.
• Ensure efficient, reliable, and functional internal processes supporting the team’s efforts to
achieve targets and enabling effective interaction between WMI and other business entities
within the company, including the company's Inc. and the company's Business Consulting (Beijing).
• Operate the business in compliance with corporate policies. Work with others to support high
quality and standards of processes across the company's businesses.
• Adhere to excellence in market research industry standards, ensuring top quality, validity and
reliability of research.
• Actively consider opportunities for development of the business, both in the UK and
internationally. This includes consideration of tactical and strategic moves into new product
offerings and service areas.
• Represent the company at external and internal events, including WMI exhibitions and conferences
worldwide etc with international travel as required.
• Be a fully supportive and proactive member of the company management team, being an active part
of a high achieving and collaborative peer group.
Skills and knowledge
A first and preferably a Master’s level degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience of research methodologies and their applications.
• Experience in the generation, management and analysis of data.
• Comprehensive business experience including financial literacy, strong communication and
• Sophisticated interpersonal skills across societal and business borders.
• Ability to work with international teams across various geographies and cultures.
• PC literate with a working knowledge of a variety of software packages.
• Understanding of construction and HVAC industry is desirable.
The salary for this position is paying up to 70k per annum which also includes a very good holiday package with additional benefits on top.
If you would like to be considered for the role then please respond with an up to date CV
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.