A buyer will be focused on assisting the operations and commercial departments with the negotiating and purchasing of all goods and services relating to the Group. In addition to this, they will also be responsible for reporting and coordinating deliveries to construction sites nationwide and dealing with any issues which arise with suppliers.
The Buyer’s responsibilities fall into the following areas:
* Procuring goods and services to be delivered to construction sites
* Negotiate rates effectively to ensure budgets are adhered to
* Administer sub-contract and materials order documentation
* Report and coordinate deliveries to site management team and deal effectively with challenges from the supply chain
* Negotiation of supplier trading terms and agreements
* Creating a category strategy to meet both customer and business requirements
* Implement, monitor and update procurement programmes / schedules.
* Build profitable partnerships with stakeholders
* Assisting with resolving invoice queries with suppliers and processing invoices.
* Maintain relevant department administration activities such as filing and maintaining pricing documents and comparisons
Skills and Experience
* Commercially aware
* Conscientious and flexible approach to work and tasks
* Ability to procure effectively within Framework agreements; understanding limitations and advantages of this and using them beneficially
* Ability to work effectively within a team and provide support to all areas of the department when required
* Ability to use initiative and be highly organised in day to day activities
* Interest in the construction industry is essential
* Initiative and good decision-making skills
* Excellent time management skills
* The ability to work to deadlines
* Experience within working in the construction industry
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft office package (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Educated to A Level standard or equivalent (desirable)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.