CAD / BIM Specialist
Location – Birmingham or Holywell Flintshire – Partially REMOTE
Salary – £25,000 – £33,000 Per Annum Negotiable Depending on Experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one of our clients who are a global leader in high-performance insulation and building envelope solutions. This role specifically will be part of their insulated panels sector where you will be working on a range of their products which include roof panels, wall panels, fabrications & gutters, daylight solutions, energy solutions & protection systems.
Due to continued expansion, they are now looking for a CAD / BIM Specialist that will help lead the role out & uptake of their unique software and tools their in-house CAD software. They will also provide support services to the insulated panels business in the UK and Ireland utilising a wide range of technology and software (including Tekla and AutoCAD) This would suit a candidate who is a client facing individual with a background in steel, facades, building envelope or cladding. The ideal candidate would be initally based out of their Holywell or Birmingham office however can be flexible with remote working as soon as they get used to the role.
Responsibility & Duties
* Help develop innovative CAD/BIM software solutions that optimise business processes
* Promote the use of software solutions to transactional customers and drafting agencies
* Provide technical support to customers who use Tekla Structures for detailing/ordering
* Provide technical support, assistance, and training to internal & external teams on the use of both standard and bespoke solutions
* Provide CAD / layout / take-off support for Protection Systems.
* Help facilitate the development of interactive customer ordering, specification, pricing, scheduling, and detailing functionality
* Represent at BIM events / seminars & keeping up to date with BIM legislation & best practice
* Work closely with key customers and designers to research current best practices, receive feedback and help with strategic company decisions regarding CAD / BIM interaction.
Experience & Qualification
* Experience of the construction industry, Built Environment and structural steel or cladding industry.
* A minimum 2-5 years’ experience using AutoCAD & Tekla Structures
* A keen interest in BIM developments and standards desirable
* Background in Construction Studies, Civil or Mechanical Engineering (or similar) would be of benefit
* Experience of dealing with the conceptual design industry would be an advantage.
* Experience working with and providing a service to roofing and cladding contractors.
Should this be of interest to you please get in contact and send your most up to date CV & Portfolio to the email address below or send me a message on Linkdin to discuss in more detail.
pritesh @ t-talent. co. uk
(phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.