Our clients , a Nationally acclaimed Facades and Cladding company are looking for a Senior Designer and Designers to join their expanding team .
The role of the Senior Designer will be to complete designs specific to each project, ensuring compliance to contract specification relevant standards and company procedures. You will be responsible for delivering the design of projects in a timely and accurate manner. Mentoring junior Designers and assisting the directors .
Designers must be able to work off their own initiative.
This role will be full-time permanent working throughout various sites and offices in London. You will also be able to work remotely from home.
Main Job Duties
* Attendance at handover meetings to review and discuss the project, identifying particular design requirements including clarification of the scope of works.
* Produce working drawings/design in accordance with the specifications received from the client.
* Liaising directly with the appropriate representatives to identify and agree all variations between the customers specifications/drawings and the tender documents.
* Ensuring that any relevant project information received from the customer is appropriately transmitted within the company.
* Producing and maintaining the contract design file.
* Submitting designs for internal review and discussion and then on for client approval.
* Providing technical calculations and where appropriate, the commissioning of a structural engineer to produce supporting structural calculations in line with the Design Programme;
* Regularly liaising with other departments, Procurement, Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Production and Site Teams.
* Keeping daily records of contracts worked on for monthly timesheets.
* Providing support to Design Director and all members of the delivery team.
* Degree, HND or equivalent in the built environment sector; Architecture/Architectural Technology.
* 3+ years’ experience as a designer ideally experienced in cladding and/or glazing.
* Experience in AutoCAD. Revit and SketchUp is desirable.
* Ability to prioritise workloads effectively.
* IT literate.
* Exceptional communication and numeracy skills.
* Organised & reliable.
* Team player.
Job Type: Full-time
* glazing: 1 year (Preferred)
* cladding: 3 year (Preferred)
* REVIT: 1 year (Preferred)
* autocad: 3 year (Preferred)
* Sketchup: 1 year (Preferred)
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.