Carpenter / Joiner
Location: You will be permanently working from HMP Guys Marsh, SP7 0AH
Salary: £27K – £30K per annum, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Who are we?
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with over 1,400 staff.
We are three years young, with a head office in London and dozens of opportunities to work across the south of England. But we’re growing fast.
It’s a great time to get involved and help shape the future of the company – and forge a great career at the same time.
Why join us?
You will become a key worker which provided job security throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Become part of a high-performance organisation which has a people focused culture.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for highly motivated, customer-oriented people from all walks of life to bring the right skills to our organisation.
This means you could be on the first rung of your career – or someone who has decades of experience in a technical environment. Or, you could be ex Forces and seeking the ideal place to use your considerable experience in civilian life.
What do we offer?
Amongst the many benefits, you’ll enjoy real job security, a competitive salary and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top).
Our company pension kicks in on day one.
People matter to us. Therefore, everyone at GFSL can access impressive health and wellbeing support services. As we reach the one-year anniversary of COVID, we take the safety of our people very seriously. That’s why a core value is ‘Everyone goes home safe’.
We are looking for a Carpenter / Joiner to assume responsibility for:
* Planned maintenance of all woodwork items throughout the establishment including locks, doors and windows.
* Undertaking planned maintenance of locks in accordance with locking policy.
* Lock store, locks and logs – including local courts when required.
* Installation of structures and fixtures, such as windows.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
* City & Guilds, National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 in Carpentry or an equivalent.
* Substantiated experience in a similar role can be considered as an alternative to formal qualification.
* Must be able to display competency in the use and operation of all associated power tools and machinery.
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
Why not apply today and we’ll be in touch?
No agencies please
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.