Job Title – Carpenter / Multi-trade
Location – Colchester / Ipswich and surrounding areas
Salary – £35,000 per annum (overtime and call outs)
Our client a large housing association contractor responsible for the maintenance of 1000s of properties in Essex is seeking an experienced carpenter / multi-trade to join their cyclical repairs team.
Duties and Responsibilities
To carry out essential maintenance, installation and repair works to domestic properties, and any other duties including multi – skilling works associated with your core trade.
Key Strategic Responsibilities
To work on a home maintenance care service, carrying out cyclical property inspections and completing any maintenance work arising from that inspection. Educate customers on the maintenance of their home and support the responsive repairs service where necessary.
Key Functional Responsibilities
• Work in a safe, professional and courteous manner, ensuring that all works are carried out with all due regard to the Health and Safety of all persons that may be affected by the works.
• Undertake the duties and responsibilities of the post and at all times ensuring compliance with our Health & Safety Policy, Risk Assessments, Safe Working Practices, COSHH Assessments and all relevant Health & Safety Regulations.
• Advise of any area of work that requires a Health and Safety re – assessment.
• Advise our customers of the work to be carried out in their properties and to treat them and their property with respect to ensure excellent customer service is delivered.
• Conduct yourself in a manner that will bring credit to yourself and Eastlight’s in all dealings with our Customers and the public in general.
• Availability to work flexible working hours.
• Cover rota on the emergency out of hours service
Education and qualifications
• City & Guilds Level 2 or NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Carpentry
• Experience in maintenance and repair work in occupied residential properties including minor carpentry, plumbing, wall tiling and plastering works
• Proven experience in all aspects of repairs
Knowledge and Skills
• Proven ability to produce work consistently to a high standards
• Self-motivated able to work on your own initiative
• Willingness or experience in using a handheld Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to complete work and maintain van stocks.
• Holder of a full current driving licence
• Proven interpersonal and technical skills.
• Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
– Private healthcare
– 37 hour working week (3.30pm finish on Fridays)
– Overtime and call out payments available.
– Vehicle, uniform and power tools supplied
– Voucher towards hand tools
Please apply via the link or call the ARC Maintenance team on (phone number removed).
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.