Carpentry Apprentice Master
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
This role would be ideal for an experienced Carpenter, with a strong understanding of a construction site, who can support the development of young people. Becoming our Apprentice Master in Carpentry, will be the start of something big. With your experience in both Carpentry and leading teams, you will recruit and provide vital support to our Carpentry Apprentices, ensuring they gain those vital qualifications and become the best they can possibly be. As a large family-run company, we’ll encourage you to grow too and are committed to developing your career with us through great opportunities for progression and fantastic benefits. Start your future with us now and together we will work together to develop the next generation of Carpenters.
* Assisting in the recruitment and induction of new Apprentices.
* Providing the necessary coaching, learning and development to the Apprentices to assist them in completing their Advanced Apprenticeship Programme.
* Liaising with the NVQ Assessor/CITB Apprenticeship Officer when visiting site, ensuring the required evidence towards the Apprentices’ qualifications can be obtained.
* Providing on-going feedback on the Apprentices performance to the Site Management Team.
* Day to day management of the team of Apprentices, ensuring they are supervised at all times whilst producing a quality product.
* Managing the Health & Safety of the Apprentices, ensuring they follow the Company
* Health & Safety Policy and Young Persons Risk Assessment at all times.
* Supporting and Ensuring the Apprentices have every opportunity to achieve their NVQ II and III.
* Assisting on other areas of site as required.
* Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
* Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
* Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
* Ensuring all health and Safety aspects of Covid-19.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
* Time served carpenter.
* Managing a team of people, trainees/apprentices.
* Apprenticeship (or equivalent) in Carpentry.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* Can demonstrate the level of Carpentry knowledge required.
* Clear understanding of Health & Safety on a construction site.
* Patient and empathetic with the ability to encourage and enthuse learners
* Company Car – Site Van
* Company Phone and Laptop
* Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
* 33 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
* Group Staff Discount at Triumph Motorcycles ltd.
* Competitive discount on our homes (dependent upon the property and location)
If you feel this vacancy could be your new career path, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.