To evaluate the CE and PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998) conformity of existing, modified and new machinery as well as conformity with respect to additional relevant standards and regulations.
Some duties may involve:
– To assess and approve existing machinery; whilst supporting the relevant Production Manager to ensure that machinery and equipment on site conforms with respect to their safety design and valid regulations (such as CE and PUWER).
– To ensure that when existing machinery is modified, CE, PUWER and any other locally valid regulations are conformed to.
– To ensure that the required documentation is followed up and registered in the system.
– Ideally you will have successfully completed training in Work Equipment and Machinery Safety – PUWER, CE marking and the Machinery Directive.
– Familiar in dealing with legislation and ACOP relating to the above areas, as well as other relevant standards within the machinery / plant engineering sector.
– Extensive experience working in the machinery and plant engineering sector.
– Experience with Risk / Conformity Assessments in accordance with the Machinery Directive.
Necessary Skills and Competencies:
– Good standard of IT skills and competent use of Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
– Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and SAP software is advantageous but not essential (training will be given).
– Structured method of working, with good organisational skills.
– Able to work independently, as well as part of a team, utilising well developed communication skills.
– Motivated and self driven to not only ensure compliance is achieved, but also to keep up to date with the relevant regulations and associated training.
25 days holiday plus public holidays
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.