Level: Graduate Member ICE
Years of experience: 1+
Supporting senior members of the team in the delivery of key frameworks and projects. Liaison with clients, contractors and third-party stakeholders on a daily basis ensuring the most effective solutions and recommendations are provided to the Client.
* The design and documentation of civil and structural components of the projects, including but not limited to, utility networks, buildings, civil infrastructure and water treatment structures.
* Provide design and construction documentation as required by the project, including conducting site surveys and inspections.
* Carryout client liaison and coordination, including reporting of progress
* Project management of the tasks and deliverables required as part of the design packages.
* Conduct technical inspections of structures, formations and other civil / structural elements as required.
* Assist project managers and site staff in evaluating 3rd party designs and construction methods.
* Development and promotion of environmental best practice
* Attendance at stakeholder meetings & site visits
* Attend design Workshops
* Desire and ability to work independently when needed
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
* Accredited degree in Civil Engineering
* Good project management skills including organisational and diligent skills.
* Good communication, report writing and interpersonal skills.
* Experience in design of civil, structural or geotechnical elements to Eurocodes and best practice would be beneficial.
* Practical site experience at construction or geotechnical investigation stage would be beneficial.
* Computer literate with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and other specialist computer packages (AutoCAD, Workspace, CRM’s, etc).
* Full UK driving licence as extensive travel throughout the UK will be required.
* Full UK permit for work or residency.
* Further education or second degree in a construction / engineering related discipline would be beneficial
* Membership of ICE would be beneficial
As a graduate there is an expectation that the candidate will be a self-starter and identify opportunities to grow the business (with support of the management). It is not expected that any decisions that could adversely affect the Client commercial position or image would be made by the candidate without the appropriate approval and support from the direct Line Management.
It is not anticipated that the candidate will have any elements that would require delegation, however, in the event that additional support is needed due to size or scope of any particular project then the appropriate and support will be made available.
* The candidate will be expected to liaise with Clients (including senior management) and Stakeholders (where appropriate). You will be an ambassador for the Aqua brand and therefore be professional in all endeavours.
* Where deemed necessary by any key personnel, liaison with Professional bodies may be required.
* Regular contact with all internal staff is expected with a focus on open communication
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.