Clerk of Works
£45,000 – £50,000 + benefits
Our client a national engineering construction company are recruiting a Clerk of Works. Initially you will be based on a Flood Defence project in Hull (18 months). They have a long-term framework with the Environmental Agency working on Flood Coast, and Maritime projects throughout the UK. Predominantly the schemes are in Yorkshire, Humberside, and Lincolnshire regions. The Clerk of Works will be principally site-based and will work collaboratively with the contractor and client to ensure works are delivered to a high quality and on programme whilst helping to identify and manage project risks. The ability to travel to project sites and Client offices within the region is essential.
* Act as Supervisor during the construction phase as described under the NEC ECC form of contract.
* Check works are carried out in compliance with the contract including witness testing of material and workmanship and observing tests carried out by the Contractor.
* Review and advise the Contractor on their quality, inspection, testing and commissioning plans.
* Review Contractor RAMS to ensure the application of the hierarchy of risk control.
* Mark materials off site, where required, to protect the Client’s interests.
* Ensure a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained.
* Monitor and record the Contractor’s progress against the last accepted programme.
* Maintain detailed records and data and provide weekly progress reports.
* Assist the Environmental and Landscape Clerk of Works.
* Acceptance of Contractor construction record drawings, and test and inspection records.
* Support the Client and Contractor in liaising with landowners, the public and project stakeholders.
Key Skills and Experience
* Previous Civil Engineering/Construction experience in a similar role.
* Working knowledge of the construction process especially in relation to reinforced concrete, piling and earthworks. MEICA experience beneficial.
* Supervision of site works being carried out under an NEC ECC contract agreement.
* Current CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) or IOSH Managing Safely in Construction qualification.
* Degree in engineering (preferable).
* Hold a relevant CSCS card or equivalent.
* Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 training
* Hold a valid UK driving licence.
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please check out our website for the latest roles and news
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.