Commercial Gas Engineer
I am look to hire Skilled Engineers who are employed on work that is appropriate to their core and specialist skills. You will, however, be expected to have / acquire elements of other skills which will enable you to work flexibly across trades.
Suitable training and up-skilling – May be given, as and when required, to achieve competency and the ability to perform the following (as detailed in responsibilities).
Working hours – Although the core working hours are 08:00 to 17:00, there may be a certain degree of flexibility depending on individual circumstances.
Key duties, though not exhaustive, are listed below;
* Provide a reactive and planned pro-active maintenance (PPM) service as per project requirements to all operational assets
* Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which may cover electrical, mechanical and building fabric disciplines
* Carry out modifications and installations as and when required
* Ensure that work is carried out to a high standard of quality and in line with current legal standards, company policies and procedures
* Maintain equipment supported by sound diagnostic and problem-solving skills, raising issues as required through line management
* Maintain, repair, and calibrate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation plant to optimise both reliability and maintainability
* Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators (KPI) / service level agreements (SLA) are met
* Take ownership of tools and equipment provided and ensure they are maintained to an appropriate standard – reporting any defects immediately
* Provide technical support/input to projects and initiatives
* Being responsible for their own work and is completed in a safe and diligent manner.
* Complete any required paperwork and reports accurately and on a timely basis
* Complete required training and development in order to maintain competent in the role
* Complete other duties as required and directed by management or delegates on behalf of.
* Flexibility in work hours to provide cover if required for holidays and sickness absence
* Participation in standby rota for emergency calls, outside normal working hours
* Familiarise and help to business continuity and the plan for the part of the business you work in
* Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies
* Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
* Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
Health and Safety responsibilities
* Follow Group and company policies and procedures, at all times
* Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery, or risk to health and safety, or the environment
* Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system
* Take personal responsibility for Health & Safety matters
What we are looking for
Experience of working within commercial properties and installations
Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role
Ability to effectively prioritise own workload
Flexibility and adaptability to change / Flexible approach to work and working hours (subject to the EU Working Time Directive).
Pro-active and positive approach to work
Good knowledge of building Statutory Compliance.
Must hold a full UK driver’s license.
Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team.
Presented in a clean and tidy manner to represent the company, in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.
Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments.
HSE management in accordance with our (Interserve) Quality Management System and all legal and statutory requirements.
Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
NVQ Level 3 in Heating/Ventilation/Maintenance
COCN1 OR CODNCO1 (domestic to commercial changeover)
CORT1, TPCP1A, CIGA1, CDGA1, ICPN1
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.