This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering business during a period of continued growth in the energy sector on a major energy infrastructure project.
Role & Responsibilities
This is a site based role as part of the Procurement, Purchasing, Logistics, Expediting, Inspection, Quality team your responsibilities are to:
* Negotiate contracts for the successful delivery of projects and programmes.
* Resolve contractual and commercial issues effecting the delivery of contracts.
* Ensure that stakeholders understand the contractual obligations put in place on the project/programme.
* Management of the financial aspects of a contract.
* Manage the change control as the project/programme scope changes, using the correct processes and updating the necessary configuration documentation.
* Understand the tools assess project performance and quality against the baseline schedule.
* Understand risk and opportunities and integrate the cost of these strategies effectively into the delivery of the project/programme.
* Understand project control methodologies and processes for programme and project management.
* Produce of monthly reports.
* Maintain an understanding of all current codes of practice.
* Participate in technical communities to support the development of other staff members.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Minimum of HND in Management, Economics, Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or related Subject.
* Degree in Business Studies, Commercial Management, Economics or another related field.
* Commercial Management qualifications e.g., via ICM, CCM.
* Chartership status through a recognised international body, e.g., ICM.
* Experience in working with NEC3 and FIDIC contracts
* Experience in procurement, contract performance measurement, risk, change and claim management.
* Experience of projects in high hazard industries including Nuclear, Energy, Rail, Oil & Gas and Aviation
* Experience in major (£50m+) projects
* Stakeholder management
* Commercial awareness
* English – written and verbal.
* Microsoft Office
* Ability to speak and write French a distinct advantage.
* Nuclear Safety Culture
* Excellent salary and package available (exact salary dependent on experience).
* Our client offers excellent career progression opportunities and will also provide support to wanting to gain Chartered status.
Contact Mike Duncan for more details on the contact details below
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.