Commercial Manager HS2
Salary £65,000 – £85,000 dependant on experience plus package
Reporting to the Commercial Leader on a major earthmoving contract, we are seeking a Commercial Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the commercial team; to oversee, direct, manage and audit the Project Quantity Surveyors, and their assistants in the carrying out of their daily duties to understand, manage, control and mitigate commercial risk so as to ensure maximum cash flow and financial return on the project.
The position is full-time site based in the Aylesbury /Buckinghamshire /Oxfordshire area. Proven experience working as a Commercial Manager in a customer focused role on ‘Target Cost’ Contracts using the NEC Engineering Construction Contract is essential. We are excited to hear from candidates who also have experience working on major civil engineering projects, preferably including large scale earthworks.
Key activities and responsibilities of the role:
* To ensure strict compliance with contract commercial processes and requirements, including the timely submission of applications for payments, client cash flows and target cost budget forecasts
* Agreement of interim and final accounts, including periodic defined cost reviews and client audit participation.
* Change Management
* Collating, monitoring and submission of contract key performance indicators.
* Resource scheduling and programme review and support
* Progress reporting
* Internal financial and commercial reporting, including the preparation and upkeep of budgets and contract financial reports; cash flow forecasts, cost and value reconciliations, final cost and value forecasts.
* Overseeing the production of weekly site costs, time and work location resource allocation, cost coding, site records, plant analysis and plant and labour returns using the company’s cost data system
* To oversee the role of the Quality Manager and Document Controller to ensure project quality and document control procedures are in place and adhered to
* Subcontractor and supply chain management
* Employee professional development and training.
Essential personal attributes and behavioural traits the individual must possess:
* Appropriate professional and technical qualifications relevant to commercial and contractual management in construction
* Proven experience of management of commercial activities of a specialist or main contracting organisation
* Detailed understanding and experience of working with the NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and ‘Target Cost’ Contracts
* Extensive knowledge of the commercial and contractual requirements for management of change and the mechanisms to record and communicate the impact of change to the business and the client.
* Experience of major civil engineering projects, preferably including large scale earthworks.
* Experience of working with cost data management systems, quality management and document control systems.
* Ability to delegate and empower employees, whilst balancing the need to support and train as required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence in a variety of methods
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.