The Construction Manager plays an important role in delivery of the work programme to the client to time, cost, and quality. The role holder is responsible for the day to day running of site / project, working with the Contract Manager to ensure that all client timescales are met without exposing our client to riskto risk.
Responsible for overseeing the operations being undertaken by our clientl directly or by subcontractors acting under the direct control of our client. If our client are acting as Principal Contractor on a scheme the our client's Construction Manager will also be responsible for overseeing the safe management of interfaces between any 3rd party contractors operating on the site in line with the scheme construction phase plan and their duties under the CDM regulations 2015 and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Responsibilities – but not limited to:
* Manage Site Managers, Supervisors, Operatives and Sub-contractors
* Ensuring that appropriate method statements, risk assessments, permits etc are in place and briefed to all affected parties (including sub-contractors) before work starts, and that the safe systems of work therein are always adhered to.
* Ensure safe digging practices are being followed including the issuing of permits to dig
* Deliver start of shift briefings including any Toolbox Talks/ Safety Briefings as required, ensuring all staff on site have received and understood the information delivered and have completed/ signed the register
* Coach and look after new starters, so that they become competent to work alongside a motorway or high-speed roads.
* Site Management experience within Highways / Civil Engineering
* Understanding of Health & Safety legislation
* CSCS Supervisor (Gold) Card
* Full clean driving licence
* 3-day First Aid
In return our client offer excellent salary and benefits packages
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.