This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual currently carrying out a project, contracts or site engineer role within the ground and geotechnical engineering, or piling and foundations sectors.
Our client is one of the UK’s largest specialist civils and geotechnical engineering contractors, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective foundations, piling and ground engineering solutions. Their reputation is built on engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation, backed by a central design, estimating and engineering resource, they can deliver a full service offering range including foundations, piling, groundworks, site remediation and geo-structures. As one of the largest specialist contractors in the industry, they are able to provide clients with bespoke solutions tailored to individual project specifications, which is all supported by their state-of-the-art processes and technologies. Additional work packages includes diaphragm walling, retaining structures, ground stabilisation, ground improvement and drilling & grouting.
Due to continued growth, a significant increase in workload and a number of recent “spotlight” contract awards, our client is now looking to recruit a Contracts Engineer. Reporting to the Project Manager, the main purpose of this role will be to operationally assist and support in the delivery of numerous ground engineering contracts for the company through effective site management, liaison with suppliers, sub-contractors and clients, and team leadership.
* To assist and support ground engineering projects, sites and contracts with a hands-on approach to operational day-to-day site activities
* To help develop and implement plans for contracts ensuring that all goals are either achieved or bettered, with an emphasis upon service delivery, and to effectively support the Project Manager with regard to operations, construction, staff, quality and HSE
* To act as a focal point for the site team, helping to steer and guide contracts forward, ensuring client liaison and increasing service levels wherever possible
* Working with the team to ensure accurate progress and project reports are produced on time
* Helping site teams in developing a proactive focus upon quality, overheads, manpower, programming, organisation and delivery
* To liaise and interact with suppliers and sub-contractors to improve upon existing terms if possible
* To ensure a high level of teamwork and cohesion between all levels of staff
* To chair and direct regular meetings with staff to discuss progress, and provide the Project Manager reports as required
* Report any issues to the Project Manager, keeping him informed of any potential problems that could affect the business or project operations
* To have a proven track record of experience as a Site, Contracts or Project Engineer from within a piling or geotechnical or ground engineering contracting organisation
* To support sites and projects with a diplomatic and pragmatic approach, but also with a positive attitude to clients, sub-contractors and teams
* To have had first-hand experience in supporting the delivery of piling contracts and projects
* To have experience of a variety of geotechnical works, including multi discipline piling and ground engineering techniques
* Must possess an excellent understanding of the project delivery contracting process, coupled with the ability to help manage and develop teams, both technically and personally
* Good levels of understanding of both pre and post contract stages
* Ability to join an existing and established business and contribute to the operational aspects of projects and sites in a positive manner with enthusiasm and drive
* A motivator of others who is able to evaluate problems or issues and offer solutions
* Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, being able to relate to people at all levels in an organisation, and to establish and maintain respect both professionally and personally
* A strong and supportive character able to support project and contract operations
* Should be robust and resilient, possessing determination and natural enthusiasm, as well as being a team player
* Must have excellent time management skills, being able to effectively prioritise and delegate against deadlines
* Open to new ideas, not set in their ways, able to think laterally
* A humanitarian approach to relationships with colleagues, staff, clients and suppliers alike
* Forceful and persuasive but able to listen and communicate effectively
* Must be loyal to the company and the Group
An attractive salary and benefits package (permanent) is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work, given the forward order workload and the company’s continued commitment to growth across the UK
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.