Our client is a privately owed development business who specialise in both new build and large-scale conversion schemes into Residential.
Due to continued expansion, they are looking to appoint a site based Contracts Manager to oversee a mixed development of new build and conversion of a Grade 2 listed building in to apartments.
The scheme in Tooting, SW London will consist of over 280 apartments in the refurbishment and over 20 units of new build construction in the grounds of the development.
They are a privately owned business and have achieved impressive growth, year on year, for the past 5 years, and are financially robust.
* Develop, update, and implement the Construction Stage Plan, Programme and the Health and Safety Plan to include all stakeholder requirements and interfaces.
* Ensure that the site team have all RAMS for both direct and sub-contract works in place and are suitable for the activities being undertaken / as listed in the Risk Register (that is developed for the H&S P)
* Be actively involved in the detailed review, analysis, and monitoring of the procurement process.
* Oversee on a day-to-day basis the Design team to ensure that production targets are achieved and high a quality of finish is maintained.
* Review actual design and construction progress and prepare and maintain an updated project programme in conjunction with the Project Manager and Planner
* Carry out site progress meetings with the Client, monitor the sub-contract Progress meetings to ensure the effective and efficient organization of labour etc.
* Proven ability to define and implement the right strategy depending on the circumstances and requirements.
* Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced construction environment
* Experience in leading teams to deliver.
* Flexible to meet the demands of the role.
* Mental and intellectual toughness to confront and solve problems, often through others as well as by themselves.
* Politically astute to know when to flag issues and escalate situations.
* Self-confident enough to stand their ground when appropriate.
* Accountability to accept when progress is not going as expected and to make personal changes to ensure corrective action.
* Professional honesty and integrity in dealing with colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
* An understanding of modern construction techniques.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent (BSc. Engineering / Project Management preferred).
* Both New Build and Refurbishment Experience.
* Similar role with a Developer or Design Build Contractor.
* Solid commercial acumen.
On offer is a basic salary up to £100,000 per annum plus package including pension, healthcare, car allowance, and annual leave entitlement.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Residential Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.