My client are a fairly large construction company looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join their team based in Portsmouth. Immediate start is available.
Package will include: £50k – £60k (depending on experience), 20 days holiday + BH, pension, parking, laptop, mobile, £5k car allowance after successful 3 month probation period.
Contracts Manager (Fabric Bias)
As Contracts Manager you will oversee and help manage multiple projects from start through to completion, including the defects period.
You will ensure that all works are completed on time, budget and to the highest of standards. You will have good communication skills and be able to negotiate with clients, architects, structural engineers and all staff from site workers to directors, in a professional and fair manner.
You will be the first point of contact for the client, design team, site managers, subcontractors, suppliers and the general public for as long as the contract lasts.
Health & Safety issues will be a top priority in this role. You will have excellent verbal and written skills and work in line with the company’s ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems.
As well as the above you will be expected to carry out the following:
* Overseeing projects from pre-start through to completion, including defects period
* Production of programme of works for projects – including master programmes though to individual work task items.
* Monitoring and overseeing the site manager and their project, this will include visiting all projects at least once a week.
* Highlighting any potential problems and proposing solutions to the construction team as well as the design team, if required.
* Production and presenting of progress reports to the design team and client at monthly progress meeting.
* Compilation, review, distribution and recording of AIs, RFIs and RVIs issued on projects.
* Arranging and chairing pre-contract meetings with subcontractors and suppliers; recording and issuing minutes.
* Checking and signing-off weekly paper work returned from site.
* Issuing project related information to the design team, subcontractors, site manager, quantity surveyor, etc. and obtaining appropriate comments/approval as required.
* Issuing, checking and chasing drawings and details sent for approval by subcontractors and suppliers.
* Planning critical dates with site team for works on projects and organising appropriate labour.
* Advising and guiding site managers, subcontractors, designers and operatives with work on projects.
* Production and compilation of project Health & Safety plans, ensuring they are developed with the site manager throughout the life of a project in line with site requirements and current legislation.
* Ensuring site managers have obtained appropriate H&S information from contractors prior to their works commencing.
* Reviewing RAMS submitted by contractors and ensuring they comply with the site Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan.
* Responsibility for agreeing extra works and helping to resolve any disputes which may arise by continual monitoring of subcontractors and suppliers.
* Carrying out project reviews at the end of each project, with site managers and contracts director, including performance reviews of subcontractors and suppliers.
* Reporting weekly progress of projects under your control to the Contracts Director.
* Experience in managing others and good leadership / people management skills.
* Good understanding and technical knowledge of the construction industry, including the ability to read architectural drawings and understand the construction process.
* The ability to construct accurate and realistic construction programmes.
* The ability to fit in well, work as a team member and have initiative and enthusiasm.
* Good communication skills and good working attitude towards clients and architects.
* You will be well organised and capable of meeting deadlines.
* Good maths and IT skills are essential and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and Outlook is required.
* A good knowledge and understanding of the latest Health & Safety legislation and Building Regulations.
* You should understand all aspects of the contracting process and contract law. In particular working with NEC & JCT contracts.
* Good commercial sense is imperative. You will also be experienced in decision making
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.