From concept to completion. Established in 2003, we are a rapidly growing Building Services company with a wide range of capabilities. Our offices are located in London, West Sussex, Hampshire, West Yorkshire, Worcestershire, Devon and County Durham.
The company is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities for all applicants. Employment decisions are based on merit and legitimate business needs of the organisation.
The package- £40k – £45k, 20 days holiday + BH, pension, parking,mobile, laptop, £5k car allowance after successful 3 month probation period.
Projects – Commercial refurbishments & Fit outs
Day-to-day duties and responsibilities will include:
* Surveying of works and production of quotations
* Leading or assisting in the pricing and submission of tenders
* Assisting and completing PQQ and SQ submissions
* Production of project H&S information including CPPs and RAMS in liaison with H&S Management team
* Producing and managing project programmes and timelines
* Management of directly employed staff and sub-contractor
* Management of on-site H&S including undertaking of site audits/inspections in line with company standard procedures
* Attending project meetings and production of various reports and project documentation required
* Contributing to work planning, and briefing project teams, contractors and suppliers
* Managing and carrying out of commercial valuations on projects and agreement of project accounts
* Work closely with other internal departments (commercial. H&S) and external (client, design team) to ensure the contracts are delivered on time and within financial budgets.
* Role will be office based however there will be a requirement to make regular site and client visits (within a region, nationally or internationally, depending on the construction project).
The ideal Candidate
* Ideally minimum of 5yrs proven track record of managing numerous contracts with values between £100k-£4m
* Ideally degree qualified in construction management and/or commercial background and experience/knowledge in quantity surveying would be useful.
* Main contracting background
* Experience of working with building contracts (JCT, NEC etc.)
* The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
* Strong maths and IT skills
* Commercially astute
* Good problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
Qualifications and training required
* Degree qualified (industry relevant degree) is desirable
* First Aid at Work
* Asbestos Awareness
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.