J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Role: Depot Manager
Location: Golborne Plant Depot
Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:00am-5:00pm
Murphy Group is recruiting a Depot Manager to lead the team in our Golborne Plant Depot. . We manage and maintain over £100 million of plant, transport, and specialist equipment from small tools to piling rigs & Crawler Cranes. Are you have experienced Depot Manager and are you looking for a new challenge?
Murphy Group would like to hear from you.
What you will be doing
* Maintain effective reporting lines to management: update the Operations Manager on key activities.
* Attend and contribute to regular Depot Meetings.
* Co-ordinate between office, depot, and workshops with regards to variations, delays and program changes.
* Ensure all plant & equipment when leaving depot is fit for use and is accompanied by relevant paperwork and certificates where required
* Ensure all equipment returned to depot is checked, booked in, and placed in correct areas, identifying and recording any damages, missing items etc.
* Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of depot.
* Allocating duties to Depot staff
* Manage the performance of all employees assigned to you. Monitor timekeeping and attendance and escalate/instigate disciplinary procedures where appropriate.
* Ensure all personnel are trained & competent to operate equipment, machinery and to undertake all tasks assigned.
* Regularly review established processes to look for improvements in quality, efficiency, Innovation & safety. Refer any suggestions for improvements to the Operations Manager.
* Maintain standards of dress, PPE & quality of self & workers to promote a professional organisation.
* Ensure that authorised personnel only are permitted in restricted areas.
* Encourage Bright Ideas from staff – establishing an empowerment culture in the team.
* Carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance, policing timekeeping and disciplining staff
* Mirror the Murphy Values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect in all behaviours.
* Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
Who we’re looking for
* previous experience managing a depot and line management of skilled and semi-skilled workers
* experience with the hire and transport of heavy plant equipment
* understanding and delivery of safe operating practices and methods
* UK driver’s license
* Excellent IT systems capability: outlook, word, excel, plant hire management system
* Presentable and articulate for internal and external meetings
* Charity is at the heart of Murphy values; you will receive 2 days leave per year to donate your time to a charity of your choosing. Many teams choose to support a charity together to positively impact our communities.
* Access to Murphy Wellbeing: you will have access to a host of online tools, mental health trained colleagues, and if needs be external professional support because we understand that work and life offers challenges that sometimes need a little extra support.
* Murphy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, making Murphy a great place to work where we can all thrive. You can get involved in numerous events and even join our committee dedicated to continuously nurturing Murphy’s inclusive culture.
If you think Murphy is the place to help you thrive in a great team dedicated to delivery and engineering excellence, and want to work in an inclusive team culture that rewards performance and drives personal development, then get in touch.
What you’ll get in return
* Dedicated and continued investment in your professional development.
* 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays with the option to buy or sell 2 holiday days
* Discretionary annual bonus
* Above market rate contributory pension scheme
* Private medical
* Company car or car allowance
* Other Murphy benefits include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc
We’re proud to have become the latest employer to #BantheBoxUK and reduce barriers to employment for people with criminal records. Employers often ask candidates about criminal convictions at the initial stage of a job application. If so, people with convictions are often excluded from roles for which they may be qualified and capable of doing.
By signing up to @Business in the Community’s Ban the Box campaign, we have committed to:
* Removing the tick box from our job application forms that asks about criminal convictions
* Considering applicants’ skills, experience, and ability to do the job before asking about criminal convictions
* Ensuring that the circumstances of any convictions are fairly assessed before a decision is made
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.