A rapidly expanding Construction Main Contractor with a growing presence in the industry and several industry awards already under their belt. The business has built a fantastic reputation within the industry and are now looking to bolster their design team after winning a new flagship project. They have built their reputation by being committed to delivering a personalised service and adapting their approach to suit each individual client. Due to securing a new major project valued at c.£80m with sustainability at the heart of the scheme and the rate that they are growing, the company can offer unrivalled progression in comparison to the general market so would suit an ambitious individual with a desire to grow and climb the career ladder.
Design Coordinator role
As Design Coordinator, your role will revolve around assisting with the management of the construction design process on a multi-faceted large new build project.
The role reports into a Senior Design Manager who will be on hand to provide continued guidance and support should you need it. Whilst the role is site-based, you will be provided with an element of flexible working dependent on personal needs the those of the project & client.
Typical roles & responsibilities will include:
* Assistance with controlling design activity on site, through the construction delivery process.
* Provide daily support to the Senior Design Manager with design, administration and other adhoc tasks.
* Assistance with seeking opportunities for value engineering and providing advice to the project and client teams respectively.
* Maintaining high levels of communication with the wider project and client teams.
* Ensuring design queries are dealt with promptly and accurately.
* Attending both internal and external design review meetings.
What we’re looking for:
* Design related qualification (Degree / HNC / etc..) – Preferable.
* Experience working on a live construction project, preferably within a Main Contracting environment but we are also open to candidates from an engineering or architectural background.
* BIM Level 2 experience would be desirable, but not essential.
* A candidate who is curious, ambitious and determined to succeed & progress.
* The right candidate will be provided with ongoing training, opportunities within the business and a defined progression path.
You will be given the opportunity to earn up to £50,000 per annum. Car or car allowance is included in their benefits package as well as a competitive pension contribution and private healthcare and additional bonus scheme
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.