About the role
Our projects are more than just your opportunity to make your mark. Theyre an opportunity to stretch, test and develop your expertise. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a Ventilation Design Engineer on the Hinkley Point Project and you'll deliver complex work that really matters to our business, and the world around you.
What you'll be doing
As a/an Ventilation Design Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
* To create and implement temporary ventilation building services design solutions for the Hinkley C Common Building Services
* To ensure the integration, technical assurance, compliance, health, safety and sustainability of design and engineering to enable compliant defect free handover for operational service, delivered to programme and budget.
* Coordination with the Principle Designer and Principle Contractor ensuring regular flow of information to comply with meeting the requirements of CDM
* Part of the CBS ventilation design team to provide design solutions. The CBS package will consist ventilation and extract solutions and general support solutions.
* Create the following documentation:
* Review and check vendor document / information for mechanical compliance with project specifications.
* Ensure design risks are considered and prepare design risk assessments. Communicate residual design risks to others.
* Provide strong technical support and identify innovative and robust solutions.
* Design Output
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and write clearly and succinctly
* Promote innovation and continuous improvement in design.
* Detailed knowledge of codes of practice, in particular designer duties and responsibilities under CDM and other regulatory requirements.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Aviation, Buildings, Civils, Defence, Energy and New Build Nuclear.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality.
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.