Reports To: Operations Director
Location: Site / Head office
Job Purpose Statement
To lead and build a technical department within Maylim to bring innovation, best practice &
quality in both pre-construction and delivery to all Maylim operations.
This role with add value and allow Maylim to offer a fully integrated external works design and
build solution to our clients.
- To lead, recruit, build and develop in house design capability including engineering, landscape layouts and detailing, M&E, civil and structural design & temporary works.
- To procure and manage external design consultants for specific project deliverables
- To work with the preconstruction team to assess value engineering, buildability, programme and other opportunities within project tenders to generate a competitive advantage and innovate design and build solutions.
- To lead an upskilling in technological use in Maylim including BIM, 3D modelling, new material technology.
- To produce and monitor bespoke procurement packages with project teams to add value
- To lead/input to the design and procurement process for projects, working with design consultants, design team and Maylim’s supply chain and sub-contractors to complete the design in line with programme requirements.
- To build strong client relationships and present a positive and professional image of Maylim.
- To lead in delivering the best quality work, first time around.
- To carry out in house design including architectural, landscape, BIM, 3D modelling and detailing.
- To upskill colleague’s knowledge of design, architecture and civil engineering principles and how they relate to our project work. Main Contacts
- All site personnel
- Managers and Directors
- Material Suppliers
- Third party stakeholders
- Design teams
• Professional qualification
• Member of a professional body
• AutoCAD, BIM
- Behavioural Skills:
• Working as ‘one team’ across multiple
functions to deliver exceptional results for
• Strong people engagement and
• Ability to recruit, manage and motivate a
• Good communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight
- Previous Experience:
• Proven technical and project abilities
• Strong organisational and management skills
• Knowledge of the requirements and implementation of CDM regulations
• Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental issues relevant to the project environment
• Sufficient experience required in construction
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.