My client in Ipswich Suffolk is currently in need of a Design Manager due to expansion
We are looking for a Design Manager to work collaboratively with out multidisciplinary teams to facilitate the co-ordination of output designs from feasibility through to construction. The right person will be able to understand and manage the aspirations of the Designer, and the constraints of budget. The successful candidate will have extensive practical experience of construction and knowledge of the design process, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills. You will be able to view the entire design process, problem solve and ensure that practical buildable solutions are embedded into emerging designs that provide best value for our clients.
It’s essential you have:
* HND / Degree in Construction or Design related subject
* 5 + Years experience of numerous sectors within the construction industry
* Knowledge of Consultant team management
* Good programming skills using proprietary software
* Working knowledge of BIM L2 functional requirements
* Experience of D&B and Traditional Contracts
* Commercial awareness at all stages of project lifecycle
* Attend / Lead Design Team meetings & Client Engagement meetings
* Oversee schemes delivered to time, cost and quality measures.
* Review outputs from multidisciplinary teams, identify and resolve issues
* Provide input into buildability, innovation and best value
* Reviewing design information for contractors, commenting on, and overcoming issues
* Identify blockages and put in place strategies to
* Resolve said issues through collaboration and coordination
* Work with lead Designers to scope third party services
* Design programming skills, being able to monitor outputs and initiate corrective action.
* Audit design information at key stages to ensure exceptional service’ to our clients.
* Work with contractors during the 2nd stage pre- construction period.
* Sound knowledge of the design process
* Working knowledge of statutory and regulatory controls
The salary for this posistion is paying £60k per annum with lots of additional benefits
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.