Design Manager-Hard Landscaping
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO COME IN AND LEAD YOUR OWN DEPARTMENT
We are recruiting a Design Manager to lead and build a technical department within the client to bring innovation, best practice & quality in both pre-construction and delivery to all operations. This role with add value and allow the company to offer a fully integrated external works design and build solution to our clients.
• To lead, recruit, build and develop in house design capability including engineering, landscape layouts and detailing, M&E, civil and structural design & temporary works.
• To procure and manage external design consultants for specific project deliverables
• To work with the preconstruction team to assess value engineering, buildability, programme and other opportunities within project tenders to generate a competitive advantage and innovate design and build solutions.
• To lead an upskilling in technological use in the company including BIM, 3D modelling, new material technology.
• To produce and monitor bespoke procurement packages with project teams to add value
• To lead/input to the design and procurement process for projects, working with design consultants, design team and the clients supply chain and sub-contractors to complete the design in line with programme requirements.
• To build strong client relationships and present a positive and professional image of the contractor.
• To lead in delivering the best quality work, first time around.
• To carry out in house design including architectural, landscape, BIM, 3D modelling and detailing.
• To upskill colleagues knowledge of design, architecture and civil engineering principles and how they relate to our project work.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established contractor who are ambitious and work on some really nice projects. With a central London location and really nice office they have low staff turnover and staff retention is high.
If you wish to call me re this opportunity please do not hesitate
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.