Job Title: Design Support Technician
Reporting to: Design Department
We are UKPS; a fast-growing, multi-utility Independent Connection Provider (ICP) with a national footprint. We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS and WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to residential, commercial and industrial projects.
The Design Support Technician will support the Design & Planning department with administrative and design related tasks during the full life cycle of the project.
The role will start as an administrative function, however there will be a requirement to undertake technical aspects of design as experience is gained.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake BTEC Level 3, HNC, HND depending on qualifications as part of a structured 4 year training programme.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Design related administrative tasks
* Ordering Ordnance Survey data
* Creating design and health and safety documentation
* Preparation of earthing survey documentation
* Preparation and submittal of design submission package to DNO and IDNO’s
* Project Action Tracking
* Update UKPS IT Management Systems
* Liaise and effectively communicate with UKPS Design Engineers and Project Managers
* AutoCAD tasks
* Manage Design Support e-mail inbox
* Document control
* Completion of design drawings under the supervision of Design Engineers
The above outlines the general duties and responsibilities, however the successful applicant may take on other responsibilities when required by management.
* You should have 6 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 – 4) in English, maths and science or equivalent
* Optional: One A Level either in maths, physics or engineering with grade C or above, or BTEC Level 3 Diploma
* IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
* Good written and spoken English is required
* Motivated, professional and proactive attitude
* Good communication skills with high levels of attention to detail
* Willing to learn and proactive to assume challenges
* Ability to multi task, prioritise and plan to meet tight deadlines to achieve required targets
* Team player
* Proactive with independent working skills
Health and Safety
All employees are expected to observe and conform to:
• UK Power Solutions Terms and Conditions of Employment
• Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and general duties of employees at work
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.