We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Development Manager who is looking to progress their career within house building. Working with an experienced team you will work across Devon and Cornwall, taking the lead on a full range of duties which will include: land acquisitions and planning functions, which will include identifying & assessing land opportunities, financial appraisals, formulating, submitting & securing planning applications, commissioning and legal aspects.
* Mange the development of land from identification through to securing planning permission and discharging planning conditions
* Identification / acquisition of sites carrying out due diligence, appraisals, offers, purchase contracts, planning to pre-start
* Maintain a full understanding of the land appraisal system, reporting and ultimately purchasing land, identifying the appropriate planning strategy
* Management & co-ordination of a range of pre-application enquiries, planning applications and appeals
* Lead scheme design development from initial sketches through to final planning layout
* Commissioning the project teams needed to undertake the design development
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, landowners, registered providers and other developers
* Ideally you will have completed a relevant degree in either Development Surveying, Town Planning or similar and / or currently be working in the industry
* Have a good range of industry contacts within Devon and Cornwall, along with good geographical knowledge
* Experience of working with the UK planning system
* Commercially aware
* Good project management skills
* Good IT skills with a focus on the presentation of data
* A full driving licence is essential as travel throughout Devon & Cornwall is an integral part of the role
* The role is primarily office-based but they so offer sufficient flexible working
If you would like to find out more and discuss in confidence, please call Jo on (phone number removed) or apply as instructed.
Sphere Solutions are one of the South West & Wales market leaders in providing recruitment services to the built environment. With specialist consultants based in our regional offices (Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, Gloucester, Plymouth and Truro) we fill vacancies daily with contractors, developers, civil engineers and their supply chain in high volume with quality candidates
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.