Client side Retail Development Surveyor position with a well respected developer in the North West
* Experience of large scale retail development schemes
* Identify new development opportunities for the portfolio
* A strong understanding of investments and repositioning
We are working on a client side Retail Development Surveyor opportunity with a company who have over 50 years experience of long term, strategic developments across the North East and UK.
They work across various sectors, including property, land, airports, hotels and much more. The Development Surveyor will join a very successful team who have over £2bn worth of assets across the country.
We want to speak to retail experts who have in-depth experience of improving the lives of people with fun and exciting places for them to work, live in and visit. They put a huge focus on their relaxed, company culture and want to employ people who share their passion for fun, quality and innovation.
Retail Development Surveyor duties and responsibilities
You will work with colleagues in the retail park division, particularly the asset management team to identify potential opportunities. You will be apart of the construction of additional units across their growing assets, where you will also look for planning opportunities in the wider company. An understanding of acquiring additional land, sourcing and accessing new retail site and retail park acquisition opportunities.
You will be expected to liaise with existing tenants to identify if they require any changes to their offer and work with internal marketing teams to prepare marketing materials for each specific opportunity.
* Negotiate letting terms with tenants, instruct internal or external solicitors , negotiate AFL and leases and any associated agreements such as easements etc
* Commission planning applications with the assistance of in house planning consultants and various external firms and help in negotiating a consent , if necessary up to and including planning appeals.
* Liaise with the design team and in house project manager to prepare designs, cost plans and budgets for potential works including any necessary site investigations and building / tenant specifications
* Prepare appraisals for proposals using Argus Developer software and put forward proposals to the retail park board meetings
* Coordinate with design team and in house project manager to appoint contractors for works and thereafter attend site meetings during construction and act as liaison between the tenant and team
* Deal with property sales from marketing of properties to negotiating with buyers and instructing and managing contracts
* Liaise with and assist asset management colleagues with valuations and other initiatives for improving the parks including refurbishments.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
* Bachelor's degree in Real Estate or similar.
* Additional qualifications such as MRICS is preferred
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proven ability to comply with operational policies and procedures, codes, and regulations
* Exceptional organisational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.