Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Document Controller to join our Regional team to work in Reading.
* To manage and control all project document flow to ensure accurate registration, storage of drawings and specifications and accurate liaison with site team, design team, subcontractors , customers, external suppliers and work winning staff;
* To provide subject matter expertise and coaching on the use of Business Collaborator to relevant teams and subcontractors.
As a Document Controller, you will have the following accoutabilities:
* Manage the requirements for document control on the project to ensure implementation and compliance to standards established within the Business Management System (BMS);
* Identify contractual requirements in relation to Document control;
* Ensure accurate control of documentation from pre construction through to completion and archiving;
* Liaise with project teams to ensure they have a full understanding of document control and system procedures and provide training and instruction as required such that documentation control requirements are met;
* Ensure that procedures are fully implemented in order to meet requirements of the BMS and other documentation and information systems, e.g. Business Collaborator;
* Manage business archiving such that all documentation is stored efficiently and can be accessed and referenced at all times;
* Work to continuously improve and enhance procedures and systems utilised for document control;
* Provide feedback such that design and project managers are fully aware of all documentation issues;
* Understand and carry out the role specific requirements of the Business Management System and help to identify opportunities for improvement;
* Support in compilation of H&S file;
* Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
* Support the delivery of CSUK’s Sustainability activities.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* A good understanding of IT and the Business Collaborator EDMS;
* Previous experience of working on construction projects on site;
* Good experience of document control gained within the construction sector;
* Basic understanding of BIM;
* An ability to understand how the operations of the department relate to others and work collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the business;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning and organisation skills;
* Experience of co-ordinating the work of others.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.