Electrical Maintenance Engineer
My Client is a M&E Maintenance company located in Birmingham looking after building services maintenance for a portfolio of around 70 sites, covering all aspects of electrical, plumbing, AC, Fire, Security etc. etc. We currently look after the electrical and plumbing / gas works in house and sub contract for the specialist services such as fire and security etc.
The engineer we are looking for will be needed on the electrical side, primarily for small works, repairs and installations with the occasions project work as required. When not occupied on the small works side (as does happed from time to time) the engineer will be expected to carry out routine maintenance tasks or support other engineers as required, this may not always be on electrical works but all basic building services type works so needs to be adaptable and prepared to work outside of their normal trade works as required.
* Qualified Electrician
* Installation experience required
* 18th Edition Regs
* Experience with Powered access equipment and towers, qualified is a bonus although we can train
* Experience in other trades (not necessarily qualified)
* Able to work alone or in a team
* Able to be customer facing with good communication skills
* Able to partake in the ‘out of hours’ call out rosta (currently 1 week on in 4 but very few call outs – last call out was 4 months ago!)
* Occasional over time can be provided when project works are on but not guaranteed.
* May be the very rare requirement to stay out of town, only for a night or two if needed, not for extended periods (again we have not had to do this for over two years)
The role is mobile, traveling from home to site / Sites, and then back home, with occasions visits to the office for collection of materials, tasking, other as required but not reporting into the office each day.
90% of sites are in the Midlands to Birmingham location is preferred but will consider adjacent areas.
* Sign Written Van (Tracked)
* Power tools suitable for role (hand tools are not supplied)
* Test equipment as required
* Engineers Tablet for job allocation and reporting
* Smart phone
* Fuel Card
* PPE and Work Wear
* Salary to be confirmed on receipt of suitable candidates (other engineers currently range between £31K & £34K)
* Additional rates for overtime working
* Additional rate for being on call and then additional again if actually called out
Business is 8 years old and currently employs 12 people, we are growing and as such we feel this is a good time to get into an expanding business with good prospects to develop and go forward
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.