J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as ‘One Murphy’ by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There’s more to Murphy.
Electrical Manager – Stonecross – Warrington
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a new team who have exciting expansion plans along with opportunity ofr the right applicants.
You will be responsible for providing electrical support across projects delivered within each department.
What you will be doing:
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHES department.
* Perform & be responsible for the duties of the Authorising Engineer as defined in the current revision of the Murphy LV Electrical Safety Rules.
* Ensure compliance with current regulations and standards.
* To manage all fixed price projects on time and on budget and ensure appropriate project management procedures are adhered to throughout the team.
* Ensure all Job cards and Aurora reports are carried out correctly and on time by the responsible parties.
* Organise weekly Teams meetings with relevant Work Superintendents, Supervisors and other associated staff for reviewing the operation of Murphy Electrical Services. Including Sub Contractors where necessary
* Attend Management Meetings, preparing and presenting reports as necessary.
* To provide technical support to wider MES Team
* Regularly review Operational Strategy with Senior Operations Manager to ensure all programmes of work are delivered safely & efficiently.
* Assist and develop the MES apprentice programme with close liaison with Senior Operations Manager.
* Ensure that training requirements of MES are recognised and delivered.
* Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
* Liaise with direct reports to ensure good communication with Business Unit & Project Teams.
* Involvement in process to appraise and review personnel performance and ensure that appropriate training programmes are in place in accordance with company policy.
* Help create an environment where all personnel are motivated to deliver.
* Provide input to ensure that targets are achieved, maintained and extended on an on-going basis.
* Support & maintain the organisations core values & culture.
* Ensure that company policies and procedures are properly and consistently applied, including the sectors of employment and discipline.
* Co-operate with the business in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
* Improve systems & processes in support of organisations objectives.
* Realise & utilise the full potential of all people in the wider team, in order to ensure that succession from within is encouraged and prioritised.
What we are looking for:
* Knowledge of products and processes for various sectors of the industry
* Operational Knowledge of all Electrical Works which are completed by business.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety, and the appreciation of any legal and company responsibility regarding Health and Safety and the environment.
* Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001& OHSAS 18001
* Knowledge of Commercial and Procurement processes
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.