Job Title: Electrical Technician – Major Projects
Reporting to: Project Manager- Major Projects
Location: Central England
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP). We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
We are part of the Last Mile Infrastructure Group, one of UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. In total the Group employs over 650 people across the UK.
About the role:
The main purpose of the Electrical Technicians role is to assist the Technical Engineer in his duties commissioning and testing. To carry out installation work including small power and lighting within the Primary substation buildings. Control wiring and marshalling cabinet connections. Supervision of sub-contractors. Control of general materials to complete the works. To provide support to the Project Manager and Technical Engineer in their duties and enable the successfully delivery of new electricity Major Projects.
This is a mobile role, with frequent travel to customers, sites and UKPS offices. A home base in central England would be an advantage but not essential as the project’s location could be anywhere in the South of the country.
Key responsibilities and duties of the role:
* Supervise internal and external staff; covering substation construction builds, cable jointing, substation major plant and switchgear installation, excavation & reinstatement, cable installation.
* Assist other members of the team with their duties as instructed
* Installation work including small power and lighting and control wiring.
* Monitor project safety and implement control measures.
* Prepare Work Instructions, Risk Assessments & Method Statements.
* Control project materials
* Liaise with and support both the client and UKPS team to ensure smooth project delivery
* Follow all UKPS policies and procedures
What we are looking for:
Ideal Qualifications / Experience
* 5 years’ experience in commercial/industrial electrical installation work
* Supervisory experience advantageous.
* Qualification in Electrical Installation work to BS7671
Key Skills / Attributes:
* Solid work ethics with a flexible approach to working hours.
* Ability to work effectively within a team, with good internal and external communication skills
* Customer service orientated, and a desire to achieve the best results and contribute to the success of UKPS
* Problem solver and solution provider
What we can offer you:
* Competitive starting salary
* Company van
* Home based
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days
* Life Insurance (3x salary)
* 5% Employer Pension Contribution
* Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation)
* Employee Assistance Programme
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.