My client are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager at their head office in Kidlington, to support the delivery of business results; overseeing performance against operational objectives and effectively executing strategy.
Key responsibilities within this role include:
* Responsible for engineering specific targets, forecasting and reporting.
* Drives the people agenda and focusses on progressing succession and talent pipeline.
* Ensures that the department complies with engineering specific standards and policies as well as the applicable law.
* Works with key stakeholders and Lean ways of working to deliver Operational Excellence
* Engage with team and key business group stakeholders to respond effectively
* Full budgetary control of Engineering spend – labour, repairs & maintenance, contracts and projects.
* Responsible from proposals to completion of all design stages of each project
* Support the Land team in the development of initial design schemes for future projects
* Attending and leading client meetings and information sessions as well as attending Site meetings
* Meeting regularly with in house construction team to create and review drawings
* Support the Development team with service information, proposals, street lighting and postal address arrangements
* Civils design
* Using AUTOCAD, PDS and Microsoft Office for checking drawings when required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* BSc Engineering or equivalent qualification
* A good understanding of the requirements of the Local Authority
* Preferably having an existing relationship with local engineers in the highways departments and drainage authorities
* Previous experience working with a Housebuilder in a similar role is advantageous
For more information about the role, or the benefits package please feel free to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.